PEDs Project Final Reacton
For the PEDs project, aside from the tasks that everyone did, I was specifically responsible for interviewing the students, observing the students as they complete the diagnostic independently, creating a summary of each tool, organizing and splitting the resources into categories based on what they are meant to do, designing a questionnaire about the before and after app experiences to students, and analysing the changes in resource pool.
Ted Talk Reaction
The TED talk that I chose to do was called “The Unexpected Benefit of Celebrating Failure” by Astro Teller.
Next Steps and Reflection
Venus has been a great experience. Not only did I learn a lot about technology that related to the web application itself, but I was also able to apply my newfound knowledge in different areas as well.
Learning Bootstrap Studio
What I think I learned the most about was web-design and creating a simple and engaging UI/UX design.
To start working with a MEAN stack application I need to learn the language that the entire framework is based on.
Online Harassment and Trolling
I’ve been playing online games for the past 6 years consistently. During middle school I spent over 25 hours a week on these games during school and probably 10 hours a day during the summer.
For the Self-Directed project in our IDC ICT class, my friend Ryan and I have decided to create a dating app called Venus.
Effective Technology Tools
After watching everyone’s presentations on effective technology tools, I think that the two most useful technologies for me personally would be Desmos and Block and Focus.
The work that I submitted as my learning assignment is actually something that I’m quite proud of. Generally I feel that I suck at graphic design and most things that I make end up looking a lot worse than what I had in mind, but for this assignment, the infographic that I made looked almost exactly like what I envisioned.
PEDs Project Reaction
Currently, I am working in the time management team for the PED project. The thing I like the most about the assignment is honestly the personal gain that I’m going to have throughout the project.
- My Github
- La Citadelle
- Code Academy allows for interactive lessons where students can code live demos to learn coding, this makes it really engaging and easy for students to learn.
- Khan Academy provides an organized and simple enviroment for students to learn the basiscs of a plathero of subjects. It's accessible and has everything all in one place, making it super convenient.
- Kahoot brings engagement in the classroom to a next level, getting students to use their PEDs for learning instead of distraction.
- Google Classroom allows teachers to organize a classroom environment for their students outside of school. It is a great organization tool.
- Socrative creates a friendly environment for student assessment. The results of all tasks given by the teacher are organized and displayed in a graphically pleasing way to allow teachers to augment students' learning.